7 Great Partners to Choose
In my brief time at Shandon, I have witnessed an amazing response to our collective mission to Live Sent in our community and around the world. Early this year, George asked every Sunday School class to adopt a local ministry partner with the challenge to Pray, Bless and Go in service to that partner. About half of our adult classes have done so, and we want to boost that number to at least 75 percent by the end of this year. If your class hasn’t selected a ministry partner, here are seven great possibilities:
- Heart4Schools. Be a reading buddy, mentor for a 5th grade boy, or a sight words tutor. Don’t miss tutor training this Wednesday or Thursday! Contact Brenda Richards at .
- Refugees. Learn how to support people who have been displaced and are now part of our community. To RSVP for the 9/18 interest meeting, contact Jackie Richards at .
- Prison Ministry. Volunteer with JumpStart to disciple existing and former prisoners and reintegrate them into community. Contact Cary Sanders at .
- Daybreak Ministries. Daybreak especially needs men ages 18 and up to serve as positive models for boys in our community. Contact Whitney Henryhand at to learn about the R.E.A.L. youth program.
- Downtown YoungLife. Support YoungLife’s ministry to local high school students by caring for volunteers, hosting Bible study, helping with fundraising, or serving on a committee. Contact Julie Schmidt at .
- Benevolence Team & Afterschool Program. Walk alongside our neighbors in difficult circumstances, or volunteer to help at the Hunter’s Way Afterschool Program that starts 9/24. Contact Mindy Jamison at .
- CRU Military. Teach or assist in a weekly SS class for recruits on post at Fort Jackson. Former military preferred but not required. Contact Frank Bussey at .
Some classes have also asked about adopting an international missionary in addition to a local ministry. If that’s the case, contact for a summary of potential international mission partnerships for your Sunday School class or department. Thank you for leading well and Living Sent!