I recently finished reading through the Book of Revelation. Guess you can say I’m not a fan of light summer reading. I love the language John uses in Revelation – the imagery is beautiful. I actually see the book coming alive in my imagination playing out like an action-packed movie on the big screen. But I don’t take a single word lightly. The battle will be epic. The victor grand. The worship glorious.
I don’t want to miss a single moment. That’s why Revelation 3:16 sends chills down my spine.
So, because you are lukewarm — neither hot nor cold — I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
- Revelation 3:16
Noooooooo! I don’t want to be spit out.
If you’re like me, warnings like this motivate you to seek the Lord in how you can better know, worship and serve Him. Sometimes it’s overwhelming to know what to do next. But one thing is certain, everyone has a next step to take in their relationship with God. Everyone!
The Next Steps ministry at Shandon is growing and expanding. Beginning Sunday, Sept. 1, the Nest Steps Center will be centrally located just off the Lobby. This ministry is for you …
- Stay-at-home mom who wants to learn about women’s Bible studies.
- Grandmother who needs prayer for her grandson walking far from God.
- Young single seeking community.
- First-time guest who doesn’t know how to pray and accept pardon from his sins.
- Newly married couple navigating life under one roof.
- Teenager who wants to be baptized.
- Out-of-work parent who needs help with transportation.
- Long-time member who wants to serve her community.
- Senior adult who has decided she would like to care for babies in the nursery.
- Lukewarm Christian who doesn’t want to be spit out.
Next Steps is for you. Next Steps is for me. Next Steps is for anyone who wants a deeper relationship with Jesus and a helping hand in how to do that.
Please stop by the Next Steps Center for an Open House on Sunday, Sept. 1 and 8. We can’t wait to partner with you on your journey of faith.