At Shandon we believe everyone has a next step to take in their relationship with God.
EVERYONE HAS A NEXT STEP?
Yes, everyone! Each individual is in a uniquely different place on their journey of faith. Shandon’s Next Steps ministry is excited to walk with you on your personal path of a deeper relationship with Jesus.
HOW DO I TAKE MY NEXT STEP?
Next Steps Center – Beginning Sunday, Sept. 1, stop by our newly rebranded Next Steps center located in the lobby. There, you will be greeted by a team of volunteers who are eager to learn about you and your stage of life. The Next Steps team will share information that supports Shandon’s three pillars of ministry:
- Gospel Hospitality
- Gospel Community
- Gospel Mission
We believe these pillars are key to a growing and thriving relationship with the Lord.
Virtual Center – Shandon’s online Next Steps presence will provide you with most information needed for you to take your next step with Jesus.
I’M NEW. WHERE DO I START?
Learn more about joining the Shandon family by attending New to Shandon – a four-week class that will give an overview of what it means to follow Jesus, the importance of baptism, the value of Gospel community and why we serve.
New to Shandon will repeat monthly. Anyone interested is welcome to join anytime.
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED WITH COMMUNITY AT SHANDON?
Become part of life at Shandon by joining a Sunday school class where you’ll develop relationships, find encouragement, feel love and be blessed with Gospel accountability. Sunday school classes are offered at 9 and 10:30 a.m. Men's and Women's Ministry groups and events are additional avenues to experience Gospel Community. Shandon also hosts preschoolers, kids and students every Sunday in their respective ministry areas.
Community is also created when you serve together. Invest your time, energy and talents in a ministry that will impact the church and influence the community. From door greeters to Sunday school teachers, there's a place for you to get involved!
I HEAR THE WORDS “LIVE SENT” OFTEN. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN TO ME?
Every believer is called to Live Sent, and this is at the heart of everything we do at Shandon. Across the street or around the world, we want to equip and inspire you to shine the light of Jesus in the darkest places. Stop by Next Steps before or after services on Sundays to learn how to engage with Missions as an individual, a Sunday school class, a family, or through regular giving and prayer.
Beginning Sunday, Sept. 8, the Missions team will be providing the following classes:
- LIVE SENT FOUNDATIONS | 9 and 10:30 a.m. | Starting Sunday, Sept. 8 | Room B126-B
This 4-week course will provide a firm foundation for those who want to leverage their life for God’s mission. Join anytime!
- Sept. 8: Pray for the Harvest. Prayer is every believer’s entry point into the mission of God. Learn how to make missional prayer a strategic priority. “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.” – Luke 10:2
- Sept. 15: Share Gospel Conversations. Stop making presentations and start having conversations. Learn how to listen and turn everyday conversations into Gospel conversations.
- Sept. 22: Go Beyond the Church Walls. Broaden your view of God, His mission, and your specific call. Learn how to go on a mission trip or serve locally with Shandon.
- Sept. 28: Put It In Writing. Charles Spurgeon once said, “Every Christian is a missionary or an imposter.” Discover your own Live Sent convictions and learn how to write out a commitment to God.
HOW CAN I LEARN MORE?
Visit Next Steps during the upcoming Open House, Sunday, Sept. 1 and 8. The team can’t wait to share a cool drink and snack with you as you consider your Next Step.