Our senior pastor, Dr. Daniel Dickard has requested Cottage Prayer groups to meet through Sunday School classes to build relational connections. He wants to listen, learn, and lead groups in prayer. There will also be time to ask questions. Scheduled meetings will continue through September, creating space for all classes that want to meet to have the opportunity. Please check with your current Sunday School class to determine when your class is scheduled for Cottage Prayer.
The following questions will be asked by Pastor Daniel. Please be prayerful and thoughtful about your answers. Your answers will be documented for further consideration.
- What do you love most about Shandon?
- What can we do to enhance and/or improve our ministries?
- What can we do to reach our city for Christ?
Pastor Daniel wants to lead Shandon to be a church dependent on God through prayer. At the conclusion of the Cottage Prayer sessions, he will ask each attendee to do two things:
- Commit to praying through a provided guide each day in 2023.
- Join a “Prayer Band.” These will consist of 3-5 like-gendered members (men with men, women with women), who commit to pray for each other and use a provided prayer guide throughout the year. Prayer bands typically form from those within your small group/Sunday School class. Prayer bands are not required to meet during the week, but regular communication between the group (text, email, phone, etc.) is a great way to provide encouragement and accountability.