Every Thursday, from 07/11/2019 to 08/15/2019, 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Training For Goliath
God’s word tells us in 2 Timothy that, “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.” In order for us to be equipped to face “The Goliath’s” of this world we need to have a firm foundation in God’s word. As Dads and kids prepare physically for this Extreme Fun Run, it is even more important to prepare for the spiritual battles ahead. Therefore, we are going to hold five training nights leading up to the big event, focusing both physically and spiritually for the “race” ahead.
Training Nights will be held in the back-parking lot/field on the following Thursday nights during the summer months from 6:30 – 7:30pm. The gym is also reserved in case of inclement weather. Training nights will be structured in three main parts: physical fitness, a short devotion, and application/take home.
Weekly Devotions and Focus Topics
• July 11- Starting the Race (1 Timothy 4:8)
• July 18-Your Team (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12)
• July 25-The Obstacles Ahead (1 Corinthians 10:13)
• August 1- Pushing Through (1 Corinthians 9:24)
• August 8- Fight to Stay in the Race (1 Tim. 6:12)
• August 15-Conquering Goliath (Philippians 3:14)